Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Big Band Aid xoxo & Going Green!

My grandma is 200% better today, that's a huge band aid on my heart♥ When I went to visit her she was like herself once again. The hospital had been dosing her up with so much Morphine that my family and I feared that she may have had a stroke. She thought she was in a motel and was so scared, she did not understand anything. I am so glad she is off of meds like that and back to my sweet mamaw. She lives next door to me and I am a caregiver for her. I cannot wait for her to be back in her home and for me to be there with her.

In other news I watched a movie that really moved me. It made me look at some everyday life essentials from a fresh mind. Educated... If you have time and are a health nut, love organics like myself, or are just someone who loves to educate themselves on topics of many kinds watch, Food Inc. I was broken hearted, I was disgusted, I was angry. Today I feel better. I know that I am one person and maybe I can't change the world but I can change my world for me, for my daughter. I'm switching everything in my cabinets to CERTIFIED Organic. Haha, I even threw most of my beauty products out and bought some awesome organic brands and some really neat bamboo thingies :) This was something that I had been planning on doing but hey, food is my boyfriend to it was a hard switch. Food Inc, made it quite not so hard.
But my plans on doing better for my health, my daughters, and the earth in all ways that I can, I decided to make my metalsmithing a little cleaner as well. When I reopen or open the new shop this spring I am using recycled silver and came across some awesome organic pickle recipes :)
Maybe my readers, which I hope grow to a few more sometime soon, haha, but maybe you might appreciate this way of living too. Since I am going to have an eco-conscious shop I decided to randomly review some products that are in some way or form organic, environment friendly, and green!! Whether it might be food, a recipe, household items etc. It's always good to spread the word and hey someone might love a product that I review! I will do a mini review tonight (since my little one is asleep)

****Zum Clean Laundry Detergent***
I love smelly good things. And I adore incense smelly goods even more. I was so excited to come across this. While my clothes was in the dryer I took the trash out and the air flow from the dryer was pouring out smelly good heaven!! The scent I purchased was Frankincense & Myrrh. Here are some details on this super duper awesome detergent:

Zum Laundry Soap Frankincense & Myrrh

Zum Clean Aromatherapy Laundry Soap
We're coming clean about laundry. Zum Clean Laundry Soap is a handmade laundry soap. Yep, handmade. Our peeps over in MO are working overtime to bring you the very best in laundry care. And your clothes will smell yum-o (sorry Rachel Ray). Seriously, they'll smell fan-freakin'-tastic.
The non-detergent ingredients of the Zum Clean Laundry Soap are low sudsing making them great for high-efficiency machines. These laundry soaps are handmade with pure essential oils, highly concentrated, and downright chemical and irritant free. We're so excited we're doing the laundry dance (similar to the electric slide but with more bubbles).

Now you can air your home while airing your dirty laundry.

The fact-o's include:

32 loads in top-loading machines.
64 loads in high-efficiency machines.
It's a natural fabric softener.
Safe on all colors, baby clothes and unmentionables.
100% biodegradable and safe for fishies.
Safe for septic tanks.
Ingredients: Saponified 100% coconut oil, sodium borate, sodium bicarbonate, pure essential oils and vegetable glycerin.
Choose from Eucalyptus-Citrus, Frankincense & Myrrh, Sweet Orange and Lavender scents.

Made in USA


And if you are not a lover of incense of musk scents they Zum has a few more scents to select from; Lavender, Sweet Orange, and Eucalyptus-Citrus. Yum, Yum, Zum!!!






Psssstttt.. You can get this at {www.greenfeet.com} AWESOME Company!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment