Thursday, March 11, 2010

Against My Skin...

I wanted to write a quick blog before I head off to bed. I know if I don't I will lay in bed mental blogging for a couple of hours. Does anyone else do that? I think I have a mental novel that I have created for a loooooonnnggg time. Not that it is always exciting but I am a thinker, constantly thinking. Sometimes to the point of driving myself crazy ;P

Against My Skin...
There are a couple of Brick and Mortar shops in the vicinity of where I live that sell stones. I love to go to those places whether it be to browse or to do some some shopping. I love to pick up the stones. Some are smooth, some rough, some seem warm, some cold. They all have there own feel and to me, have vibes. All different, all there own. I know that in the metaphysical world many stones have meanings, properties that the stones may bring to you. I believe this. Maybe it is the belief to make this true to me. Whatever the case, I love the feel of stones.
In some of my latest pieces I have opened the backs and I adore this. I really like the feel of the stone against my skin. It brings me to thoughts of these lovely shops and picking up the stones. I think I may do this in most of my designs where it is possible.

Does anyone else feel the same way about stones?

3 comments:

  1. I love the idea of feeling a stone against the skin and believe they do have vibrations this is the only way I can explain having such a huge collection of them. If I pick one up at a shop and get the little "zap" from it home it comes with me. LOL There is a nice reference book by Melody about the Metaphysical properties of stones and crystals that I use perhaps you have it or have heard of it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing!!! My mom and I feel the same way. Her colection is pretty nice and mine is growing. And I think I do have the book. Does it have a black cover?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The one that I have now has a purple cover but it is a newer edition my old one fell apart and it was darker. I love the book it has no pictures but has an amazing amount of information about the vibrations, healing properties and astrological associations of the stones

    ReplyDelete