Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year & New Work...

I hope everyone had a blast and celebrated with those they love bringing in the new year! Last year was pretty awesome so I am pretty stoked about trying to top 2010! Over the holiday season I have been working on some new jewelry. I have changed it up a bit and have been working with a lot of copper. I am still sticking to my silver work but want to be a little more diverse and have a nice selection of different styles in my shop :) I like and tend to be attracted to many different styles myself.
As of late the copper has been lots of fun. I have been getting some pretty awesome beads in and can't wait to use a lot of them :) With the copper I have been doing a lot of wire wrapping. Time consuming...but very fun! Here are a couple of my new pieces that you may be seeing in the shop soon. I say may because I post updates frequently on my facebook page and I have some people who are interested in a least one of them :)

~African Amethyst and Labradorite Crescent Moons & Full Moon~



~African Amethyst & Prehnite Copper Spiral~
I also have finished this necklace that will be in the shop soon as well. The pendant part of this necklace actually was at one time a bracelet I had listed in my shop and took down. It just wasn't working for me as a bracelet. But necklace, yes....it works :)

These pieces are all completed and a shop update with these will be soon. What else? I have a botanical collection in progress but not yet completed. As well as working with a lot of copper, I have been experimenting with resin and love it. I found some wonderful jewelry grade resin that doesn't yellow and is very durable, yay!!! Here is a sneak peak at two necklaces that are almost completed. I have them sitting out curing from finishing touches. I want to touch up a little bit more of the verdigris patina too, then finished :P
~Lavender and Moss Necklaces featuring Copper, Organic Lavender, Organic Moss, Turquoise, Amethyst, and Jobs Tears seeds~



I have many more new plans this year. I am learning many techniques and am having lots of fun practicing, yay!! So stoked for this year...for the shop and for some positive changes in myself :)

4 comments:

  1. I really like the stone choices you made. The colors are wonderful.

    I cannot wait to see what comes out of this new year for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific new direction...I love copper and really like the new pieces. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sandi! Happy New Year to you too! Copper is so much fun :) I love working with silver and soldering but it is fun to switch it up a bit from time to time :) And as long as stones are involved, I'm a happy gal ;)

    ReplyDelete