Sunday, March 27, 2011

Some Shop News and a New Sculpture Paint :)

I have been thinking a lot here lately with some shop stuff and some changes that need to be made. I'm still trying to process everything in my head before I put it out their into the universe, but pretty soon I will be posting a blog and updating my shop with some changes. Not huge changes, just some policy changes. I love my shop, I love making jewelry, I love my customers, and I love all of the other artists I have met. Through the years of making jewelry I have learned a lot and keep continuing to learn more. I can't wait to see where I am in years to come. It is definitely a journey, a journey that I really love and enjoy. On the business side it is also a learning experience. The business side, I sometimes find myself playing tug of war with myself trying to find the right polices and fairness, etc. Some things work, some things don't... Anyway, I will save this from being a hugely long post and safe all of this information for my post on the changes :) In other news here is my latest paint your own sculpture. It is a Kirin. Kind of like half dragon, half unicorn :) His name is "Neptune's Treasure". Here at home I am finishing my last bit of custom orders. That is why the shop updates have been a little neglected. I am due to purchase more raw material as well. Hmmmmm...here are some random updates from my little corner of the world.... *My mom found a FULL TIME job as a RN again, yay!!!! She starts orientation soon. I pray that everything works out great for her. She has had a rough patch that I feel may now be over. I look at the situation as the universe threw her these curve balls to get her prepared for a fabulous change in her life that will bring her much positivity :) Let's hope I'm right :) *I bought a 55 gallon fish aquarium to house a few of these guys.... We had a 28 gallon that housed a non agressive tropical community of fish. I gave that set up to my mom. I have purchased quite a few books on Cichilds and have researched a whole LOT lately. I finally have the system cycling really well and will be buying some electric blues real soon :) I guess that's it for now. It's lunch time so I better figure out what's for lunch today for me and the kiddo. I hope everyone had a great weekend :)

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have been quite busy...in thoughts and deeds. My stepson is a Marine Biologist and his favorite fish is the Cichlids. I had no idea they came in such gorgeous colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful fishie, love the blue on him and your Kirin. Very nice job painting him!!!

    I've discovered last year that my shop is a living, breathing entity. Once I realized this and treated it as such both of us were much happier!!

    Tell your Mom the Nurse good luck on her new adventure!! I've worked as office staff in a primary care office for almost 15 years, and have alot of respect for our nurse!! We call her "Sue the Nurse" so go for it "Mom the Nurse"!!!!

    Have a great Sunday evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandi, African Cichlids are so colorful. They are really neat and can live for 20 years! Your stepson is a marine biologist?!?!?! Wow that is so amazing!
    Evie, Thanks :) My mom has been a nurse for 18 years. She worked at the same place for her entire career but found herself without a job because of her age. She is only 56, which I think is young. She really had a hard time finding a new job because of her age too. Some of the people who interveiwed her even mentioned her age! I was totally shocked. I will relay the message to her. It is so much appreciated. My mom and I are like best friends and it is just so great to see things going in her favor again :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, sorry to hear your mother's story..I wish her the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy for you mom!!
    I love seeing all the sculptures you've been painting, they're beautiful! And what an amazing colour that little fish is :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much Evie :)

    Michele, Thanks so much! Me and Zoë are hoping to go buy some "fishies" as Zoë puts it ;) today! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete