Friday, April 15, 2011

Midnight Jewel & A Crack of Sunshine

I have been so busy doing so many things! A very close friend has moved back home and we have been doing lots of catching up. It definitely has been wonderful to have her so close again :)

With warmer weather here I have also been doing lots of yard work which quite honestly...I love. I am currently sporting my first sunburn of the season. Unfortunately when I was getting in the tub I realized that my lower back and, well, ummmm, eeehhheeemmmmm... butt crack was sun burnt too.....which means while I was bending over picking weeds I was mooning the whole neighborhood. Nice to know, right? ;)

Let's see what else, Oh I finished another statue painting. This one is a griffin from Windstone. I based his colors on jewel tones. His name is "Midnight Jewel".






In jewelry news, not too much new is going on. I have been waiting on what seems like forever for a raw materials order to arrive and it is finally here. I ordered a nice supply of silver, some of which are for a few custom orders, and I ordered some copper and red brass. Silver price right now?!?!?!?! Well, I'd like to tell it to kiss where the sun doesn't shine but since we all know that doesn't apply to my current situation....I'll just pout ;) I did however add two new pairs of post earrings in faceted Rose Quartz and Aquamarine.



I'm hoping to get some jewelry at least started on this weekend for the shop. Fingers crossed.

I wanted to share with you some amazing laundry soap that I purchased too. We really like to use natural and organic products in our household. The things that regular laundry detergents are made of make me cringe thinking about my daughter wearing it. Yuck. If you are like me and love earthy, woodsy scents like.....Patchouli, you will love this soap. It is very light, not overbearing. That way you can wear your regular perfumes, oils, and mists without this soap throwing it out of whack. Just a nice natural walk in the woods scent :) they also have other scents too. I just adore patchouli when it isn't overbearing and this is the perfect form of it. You can get it at Indigo Wild's Zum Soap website. Here is a direct link that you can copy and paste into your browser for the product.

http://www.indigowild.com/products/zum-lab---home-and-outdoor/patchouli/



Speaking of which, I just washed my bedding in some of this fabulous in a bottle so I better check on that. Have a great weekend!
xoxo

2 comments: