Monday, May 16, 2011

An Introduction and New Life in the Butterfly Garden...

I have taken a small break from the shop and now it is time to get back to work. Sometimes I need those small breaks. It's not that I don't love my "job". Because I do, I absolutely love it. But those small breaks help build up inspirations and creativity. It seems when I push myself and work hours upon hours in the studio pushing things out I lose my drive, the flame burns out. But with these small breaks, the fire is fueled and burning bright. I can't wait to get to the studio tonight. During my break some of my nights were consumed sitting on my porch under the moon drawing up some designs :) Designs that I can't wait to materialize. With drawings some of them exceed my expectations while some of them never make it to the shop and instead make it to the scrap pile.


Tonight I will be creating again and I am so excited...stones.....silver.....copper...red brass......


We have had some beautiful weather here that has now seemed to turn into repetitious cloudiness and...brrrrrr.....chilly weather. I am so ready for that bright ball of fire in the sky to peak out again and be warm!!! :) The sun and rain has made my garden....pop! To my delight, one morning I awoke to one of my freshly planted Poppies in bloom!











I had to replace all of my Lavender plants this year. In my experience or maybe it is the type that I buy, but after a few years they start looking bad. My new Lavender plant is covered in buds and will soon be in bloom :)

This Lavender bunch may look small but believe me, they take over and really spread :)


My Stargazer Lilies have buds as well and I cannot wait for these beauties to bloom. I have a section reserved next to them for Tiger Lilies. My mom always had Tiger Lilies in her beds when I was a kid. I have always loved them. I have had no luck finding them this year. I don't give up easily though and will continue my search. I think the Stargazers would look beautiful next to some Tigers.



My Black Knight Butterfly Bush is a late bloomer so no buds just yet. But she is green and beautiful!



Another late bloomer....Coneflowers♥



These two types of Salvia are already in bloom....




Along with some other blooming perennials...






I spent last night repotting indoor plants and freshening up some new hanging baskets and succulents I recently purchased.
And...playing with our new baby.....
An Introduction.....
Say hello to Jasmine Blue...

I was hoping to get a better photo but she was in lazy half closed eyes mode last night ;) Zoë is pretty fond of her. She says, "She has blue eyes like me!" Midnight on the other hand is being a moody boy. He likes her sometimes and other times I think she annoys him. We adopted her from the same place that we adopted Midnight. I grew up always having a Siamese cat and it is nice to have one back in the home :) After my other cat passed which was a Siamese that I had for 16 years my heart was too broke to get another one. I think it is now time :)


I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! Time to get back to "work" and hopefully have a few shop updates this week.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment