Wednesday, July 20, 2011

~New Work in the Shop~

~Merlin's Pond~ Chrysoprase Sterling Silver Ring


~Moody Blues~ Raw Copper Dangle Earrings with Mood Beads, Prehnite, and Turquoise
~Spiral Garden~ Agua Nueva Agate Sterling Silver Necklace with Rose Quartz, Labradorite, Garnet, and Freshwater Pearls
~Sweet Petals~ Lavender Chalcedony Sterling Silver Real Pressed Flower Dangle Earrings
~Yin and Yang~ Sterling Silver Dangle Earrings with Black Onyx, Rainbow Moonstone, Paua Shell, Rooster Feathers, and Hematite Stars
~Darling's Pocket~ Sterling Silver Feather Ring with Kingman Turquoise and River Stone
Here is a short story about my inspiration for the last piece:
I love nature and so does my daughter. Each time that I do laundry I feel as if I am on a treasure hunt. Emptying my daughter's pockets? Well, I never know what I might find. Most of the time though: feathers, rocks, tumbled stones, dried leaves, flowers, dirt, sticks, and sand. I always have to laugh. It is so cute and definitely brightens my day. I do laundry typically at night so I sneek in her room and put all of these treasures (with the exception of dirt and sand) on her window seal. This ring is inspired by my many nights of seperating laundry and treasure hunts...

Thought I'd share :)

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful work! Darling's pocket is my favourite, I love the name and the story ... and the ring is gorgeous. I can relate to emptying everyones pockets before I put a load of clothes in the machine ... I have to make sure I empty mine too :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great story and beautiful jewelry to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Michele and Sandi! :) Michele, I always have my pockets full too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just wandering around some blogs and found yours...I absolutely love your work! I love the way you pull all the elements together and create totally unique pieces. The Spiral Garden is my favorite.
    Lovely!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen V., Thank you so much for your comment. You absolutely made my day with your kind words :)

    ReplyDelete