Sunday, October 9, 2011

What a Long Strange Trip It's Been...

Well, I haven't been on here for awhile and the shop updates have been absent as well.  I'm hoping to get back in the "grove" real soon.  I'm dying to make some new jewelry.  I promise things will resume, I can't wait for them too :)

So, what's been going on here since it's been so quiet?  Well quiet on the blog and in the shop.  Real life...not so quiet....  Here are a few things that have happened.

1.  I went on a small trip to Lafayette, Indiana to see some good friends.  It was short but very nice :)
2.  I turned 30!!!!!  :)
3.  My 87 year old grandmother was in the hospital getting a pacemaker replaced. What we were told to be a 2 hour event actually ended up being an event long enough for us to crash out on lobby couches. My grandmother is doing very well though and that truly is all that matters♥

4.  My identity got stolen :(
5.  My business account got swiped clean and purchases were made in my name all the way from Virginia to Miami, Florida while all along I have been here in Ohio?!?!?  And it was supposedly with my card that I have in my current possession as all of the transactions were made with "swipes"(?????)  (Currently trying to get this all straightened out.  In fact, I thought it was since I have spoken to 187364834638638 people on the phone with my financial institution assuring me that my account has been blocked for investigation until my email just informed me of some more activity being made.....sigh...)
6.  My personal bank account got swiped totally clean and even my backup overdraft protection of $500 was even swiped clean.  A crazed shopper in Chicago started off at Aldo's then decided to go to about 25 other places going on a spending frenzy before my bank found it suspicious and then informed me.  Only to let me know to call them back during their normal banking hours after Monday's holiday.....sigh.... (My online bank activity looks pretty depressing at this point, fingers crossed this gets fixed quick.)
7.  My mom's bank account (totally different banking institute than the one I have) got swiped clean from yet another crazed shopper going on a shopping frenzy in West Virgina. (Weird, right?  Both of us and 3 totally different banking companies?)
8.  Zoë's dad is so far behind on child support and visitations that the whole situation is driving me literally insane.  In fact their is so much more to the whole situation and it sucks.  Sometimes when Zoë goes to bed I just sit alone and cry.


I hate to use my blog as a place to complain.  Especially when I feel like I have so much to be thankful for.  But, this moment, right here....this is the truth.  This is how things are. 
For the most part I am happy, just stressed, and trying to learn better ways to handle situations.  Handling negativity isn't my "thing" and I suck at it.  But I'm working on it.  Things could be much worse I keep telling myself, which is so true. 

Well, It's time to get Zoë in the midst of her bedtime routine :)

Good night everyone♥  I hope that everyone has had a wonderful weekend.  Did anyone try the pumpkin cookies recipe that I posted?  They are pretty awesome ;)

5 comments:

  1. Aw, dear, don't feel pressure to use your blog any other way than the day calls for: this sounds like an epic, challenging time - hang in there and know you're in my thoughts. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending good thought your way!!! Hope your week is fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heather...first, so glad your grandmother is doing well. So sorry about the identity theft...I have also been a victim and it is a nightmare...I hope everything works out OK for you. I don't understand why the people who do this don't channel that energy and brain power into something worthwhile...why do they think it is OK to steal from others. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Heather that is just awful! I hope you get everything sorted out soon. Big *HUGS* to you. And Happy 30th Birthday :). Michele xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Allison, Thank you so much! I cherish you! :)

    Evie, Thank you and right back at ya!

    Sandi, So sorry to hear this happened to you too. I am still getting all of the kinks worked out but all seems to be okay now :) I too, do not understand how people can do such things. It is very unfortunate. And thank you for all of the kind words♥

    Michele, Thank you! Hugs back to you and it has been a good 30 so far :)

    ReplyDelete