Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Fairy Lake

I mentioned in my last post that I have spring fever.  It's true!  I can't stand it anymore.  I am ready for the warmth and to work out in the gardens. 

Maddened with spring fever, I came across this whimsical picture last night before heading out to the studio. 
It sent me off  into a magical little daydream.  In this daydream I tweaked things a bit.  The lake needed to be a milky magical blue with just a hint of violet.  And it just so happened that I had some lovely stones that could represent the lake in my mind, Violet Chalcedony.  The piece I chose definitely has the milky & transparent thing going on.  (The photo does not do the stone justice!)  And of course by a lake you will always see rocks, so I created some heat formed pebbles.  The beautiful creamy purple flowers in this photo would be represented by a small piece of Phosphosiderite.    And of course, if you know me....you know I envision fairies hidden behind petals and leaves :)

~Fairy Lake~ Violet Chalcedony & Phosphosiderite Sterling Silver Ring



I have a necklace that I hope to finish this week as well.  It will house a small piece of faceted Labradorite and a larger Laguna Agate.

I created a new pair and added my Juniper Posts (blue chalcedony) gemstone earrings back to the shop.  I am waiting on a parcel to arrive filled with smaller stones so I can make some more gemstone post earrings, offering some new stones.  The Rainbow Moonstone posts seemed to be very popular in my shop so I ordered some AAA quality Rainbow Moonstone.  I am very excited to see them.  RM is one of my favorite stones!  I am also bringing back a past favorite that I haven't had in the shop for a while for the post earrings and introducing a new stone.  So, that is 3 different stones so far, in line for the gemstone earrings.  I will be ordering some more stones from a different supplier as well.  I would like to have at least 5 different gemstone post earrings consistently in the shop to offer. 

Possibly more work this week.  I'm going to try to squeeze some things in :)

I hope everyone has a lovely day/evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment